Thank you and welcome to Mayflower Accountancy. We’re delighted to be working with you.
We just need a few things to get started …
We need to now complete a process known as onboarding. This process varies from person to person and business to business, but it is simply about making sure we can get up to speed as quickly as possible.
Onboarding will involve:
- Gathering information about yourself and verifying the identity of individuals or directors within the business and conducting anti money laundering checks, such as validating your identity and address.
- Collating details of your taxes and history, including national insurance numbers, unique taxpayer references and any other points of relevance.
- Setting up payment methods – in most cases, this will involve issuing a direct debit mandate through GoCardless.
- Speaking to your previous accountant if you had one in a process known as professional clearance. You should reach out to them to let them know you will be moving across if you have not done so already. If you need help with this, we’ve written a blog post on how to amicably and correctly part ways with your current accountant.
- Registering you for any taxes as required, or seeking agent authority to act and discuss matters on your behalf.
- Set you up on any new systems or tools needed, or transfer access across from former accountants.
The whole process can take anything from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the complexity, availability of information and your current situation. But rest assured, we will make it as smooth and effortless as possible and will be conscious of any deadlines we should consider whilst we set everything up.